Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Lesson in Patience

Grandpa wanted me to get a picture of the Oriole more than anything.  "If you go up there and sit quietly in the chair, he will come."  I knew he was right and so one afternoon I took the challenge.  I was going to get a picture of the Oriole, no matter how long I had to sit there and wait.  I quietly walked up to the deck and sat down in the chair, camera ready.

The ground squirrels scurried about my feet as if I wasn't there.


The little birds flew about, working hard to empty the feeders hanging in the trees.


And finally, after about an hour of patiently waiting, he came.  He swooped in with such grace and authority that he took me by surprise.  There he stood, a few feet away from me.  My patience had paid off and his picture was silently captured.


No comments:

Post a Comment