Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Ripples of Reflections

"Ooo that's going to be a good one" I can hear her say almost as if she's standing right next to me.  I focus the camera, "click" goes the shutter.  "Not just a good one Gram, a beautiful one," I say in my mind as I scan the area around me for my next shot.  You can't help but get "good ones" at The Meadow.  The beautiful and well cared for piece of land is a picture waiting to be taken in every direction the eye can see.


I take a few steps forward.  That's when I realize that the only footsteps in the grass are mine.  I am there, alone.  I step to the waters edge, the only reflection that can be seen is that of the tree and the sky.  It's almost as if the branches of the tree are staring down at their reflection.  The lighting is perfect.  "Click."  Another one captured.


I know what she would say if she was beside me, walking with me through the field.  "What a beautiful world this is."


"Yes Gram, yes it is," I quietly say to myself.  The last rays of light are fading and the darkness is beginning to cover the valley.  I have time for just one more shot.  "Click." Perhaps the most uniquely beautiful shot of the night.


With the lens cap securely on my camera, I walk away, lost somewhere between my own world and the one that surrounds me.  Wishing the memory I had created was real and yet knowing that it wasn't and never would be.


No comments:

Post a Comment