Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Veiling the Beauty

Our warm, sunny July days have temporarily turned into cool rainy days.  I don't mind the rain and since I've been in such a contemplative mood for the last few weeks, I welcomed those little drops of liquid from the heavens with open arms.

As I was sorting through some of my photos, I was reminded of another rainy day.  I had traveled five hours to spend the weekend at the gorge and was very excited to get some picture of the beautiful canyon walls and the sparkling water they surrounded.  To my dismay, it rained the whole time I was there.  I tried taking some photographs but was disappointed that they lacked the colors I was so looking forward to capturing.

It wasn't until looking at those photos today that I realized they were beautiful in their own way.  The clouds were low and hanging over me creating an erie but intriguing effect.  I have learned that there is beauty in everything.  Sometimes we just have to look a little harder and realize that even though we do not see what we may want to or expect, it still can be beautiful.










No comments:

Post a Comment