Sunday, August 3, 2014

Bloom Where You Are Planted

Every morning on my way to work this little flower greets me.  It's bright sunny face is a welcome sight and puts a smile on my face.


What really impresses me about this flower is what all it has withstood.  It gets whipped in the wind by every passing car, I've seen multiple trucks almost run it over and and its little roots don't have much space to grow.  Yet every morning it is there, bright and sunny.


It has made me wonder about my own life.  When things are tough do I continue to smile?  Or do I let the cars, trucks and winds whip me down.  I hope that despite whatever life may bring me, I'll be able to still put a smile on someone else's face.  I hope that I'll still be able to be a bright and sunny beacon to those who pass by.  I hope that despite any circumstance I may come across, I'll be able to make the best of it.  I hope that I will be able to bloom wherever I may be planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment