Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Step into My Garden

I have always loved plants and gardening.  I anxiously look forward to the few moments every day that I get to spend watering and tending my garden.  Well, if you can call it a garden.

Right now, my yard consists of a slab of concrete approximately 8 feet long by maybe 12 feet wide.  To most it would be considered a porch.  But to me it's a garden.  My vegetables are in buckets and my flowers are in pots.  Everything is crowded and probably needs more dirt.  To the casual observer it may be a jungle of a mess.  But to me it's a garden.  I look forward to the time in life when I can have a real garden.  One with planter boxes, rich soil and tons of room for everything to grow.  But for now, I'm thankful for my little garden.

Sitting among my plants and just watching things grow is a calming experience for me.  It never ceases to amaze me that something so amazing and magnificent can come from such a tiny seed.  I love smelling the scent of the freshly blooming flowers mixed with the smell of the tomato and pepper plants.  And I love having my own flowers to practice taking photos of.

Yesterday when I got home from work the sky was cloudy and it had just rained a bit - perfect lighting for snapping a few practice photos and perhaps one of the most enjoyable parts of my whole day.  I couldn't decide which ones to share with you, so today you get a whole string of photos to enjoy.



















God made a beauteous garden
With lovely flowers strewn,
But one straight, narrow pathway
That was not overgrown.
And to this beauteous garden
He brought mankind to live,
And said: "To you, my children,
These lovely flowers I give."
~Robert Frost, God's Garden~

No comments:

Post a Comment