Tuesday, August 19, 2014

In the Blink of an Eye

I don't yet have children of my own but luckily I have three adorable nephews to help me get my kid fix.  I spoil them rotten and love every minute of it.  My oldest and middle nephews both have birthday's in August and as I sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY to them this time around, I kept thinking there's no way that many years have already passed by.

I remember the day the first one was born.  I was so excited to be an aunt and I never knew I'd be capable of loving something so little so much.  We would nap in the big chair, cuddle and make faces at each other.


I also remember when the second one was born.  I'd been at my brother and sister-in-law's house "helping" occupy the first nephew.  My upcoming assignment was to take care of nephew number one whenever number two decided to make his appearance into this world.

As I left that evening to make the forty-five minute drive home, I joked that they better not call me in the middle of the night to come back down.  About seven hours later, also known as two o'clock in the morning, my phone range and I dashed back to their house only speeding a little.


I wasn't sure if I'd have any love left for number three.  How could it be humanly possible to add another one to the list of loving without taking some away from the first ones.  I can't explain it but you just can.


In a blink of an eye these nephews went from tiny babies to little boys.  Their teasing from innocent to a little more malicious.  Luckily I've had my camera all along the way.  With a simple click of the shutter I can capture the memories that fade in the blink of an eye.  And hopefully as the years go by the photos will keep getting better and better.




No comments:

Post a Comment